Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Waiting...



Hey Everyone!

It's pretty easy to get on the Internet when my roommate or some of the other people are working down here in the entrance gate. I sat in here pretty much all day, it's sooo much warmer down here. It is a small cozy little place with a wood fire stove. I've met just about everyone that I will be working with and they all seem really nice which makes me really happy! This morning I started my day by driving through the Lamar Valley, which is my district. It is really beautiful! We saw a moose and her calf and so many buffalo! After that I just hung out in the entrance station. The only thing that has sort of set me off my track is that I'm not starting tomorrow like planned. In order to make it to Sara's wedding I have to work starting this Tuesday and then go 10 days straight. To be perfectly honest I'm glad about this because I love to be working! From what I've seen so far it looks pretty simple and I'm looking forward to it. Anyway, now all I have to do is find something to do with my time. It has been raining none stop since I arrived and we are suppose to get 8 to 10 inches of snow tonight! I don't think it has ever snowed on my birthday but hey this week has been full of firsts, so why not another one! Thank you to everyone who has sent me birthday messages!! Tons of emails and facebook messages! I'm going to try to drive to Cody tomorrow if I can make it through the pass but if there is snow on the ground I'm going to just hunker down again.

Until next time!
-- Brent Everitt
Visitor Use Assistant
Northeast Entrance Station
Yellowstone National Park

No comments:

Post a Comment